So the title of this post pretty much says it all. But I will go ahead and give you the short version of our last camping trip before school started. We left Friday morning and where palnning on meeting friends at the gas station in Nephi, when we where almost there Shay realized that he had left his wallet with all of our available cash at home so long story short his mom was kind enough to put some money in our account and and luckly I had my atm card so we were able to get gas and all was good.
However are friends where running behind so we went ahead to Richfield where going to wait for them there. We hung out a a park with the girls until our friends came and then grab lunch and a stop at Walmart before heading up the mountain.
We then proceeded to go up this mountain and we are stuck behind this guy going like 5 miles an hour (mind you we are pulling our trailer and are loaded down with a 4- wheeler in the back of the truck) we follow him up these steep hills for like 30 minutes but we aren't getting any speed and so the fluid lights on the truck come on and we can't pull over anywhere and have to keep going.
Finally we get to a spot where we can pull over and as we stop I smell smoke and Shay jumps out and starts running for the trailer as I realize that something is on fire and so I jump out of the truck and all I could think was get the kids out before the car starts on fire.
So I jump out and as I'm yelling Aspen jumps out and is running away from the car and I jump in to get Oaklee out and her seatbelt gets stuck, I can't get her out and she is yelling at me mommy please don't let me burn up, I finally ripe her out of the seatbelt and tell her to run so I can grab Trinadey (she had no shoes on and is running threw sage brush to aspen) as I am pulling Trinadey out Shay runs up with the fire extinguisher from the trailer and is putting out the fire under the truck, I grab Trinadey and run. Shay put the fire out and we were all fine, just a little shaken up.
So long story short we finally get the truck running ( we had been so hot it blew the oil dip stick out and the oil had caught the grass under us on fire) thanks to our wonderful mechanic we were able to turn around and head down the mountain and the truck ended up running ok and we were able to go to a different spot and finish our camping trip but that is a whole other story all in itself.
I just want to say that I am so thankful for my husbands and my children, I always love them but in that moment when your little girl is begging you not to let her burn up, and you have one more child in the car that you haven't even gotten to yet, you realize that whatever it takes you will protect them no matter the situation or the circumstances they are your life and they are what really matters in this life. I am so thankful that the lord was watching over us and no real harm came to us, we are so lucky to be able to have the lord right with us all the time no matter the places we are in our lives the lord is with us and does hear and answer every prayer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh my goodness, :( I am glad everything is okay though!
ReplyDelete